To interconnect a distributed generation (DG) system, please visit the following pages in order:
Note about Time Frames: As per the Standards for Interconnecting Distributed Generation (MDPU 1219), Interconnecting Customers are required to respond promptly to any requests for signatures, information, documentation, and/or payments in compliance with the Time Frames described in the Interconnection Tariff. Failure to comply with these Time Frames during any stage of the interconnection process may result in an Interconnection Application being cancelled without compensation being provided to the Interconnecting Customer.
Note about Payments: In order to avoid issues while attempting to submit any payments (other than the initial application fee), Interconnecting Customers are advised not to submit any payments prior to receiving a corresponding invoice. Interconnecting Customers should follow the instructions provided on the invoice and any invoiced fees should only be submitted to the PO Box indicated on the invoice.
- Pre-Application Process
- Application Process (choose one of the pages below)
- Simplified Application
- Expedited Application
- Standard Application
- Simplified Network Application link pending
- Screening Process (for Expedited Process only)
- Study Process (for Standard Process only) link pending
- Conditional Approval
- Construction Process link pending
- Customer Construction link pending
- Witness Test Process (if applicable) link pending
- National Grid Construction (if applicable) link pending
- Project Completion Process
- Completion Documentation
- Net Meter Installation Process (if applicable)
- Authorization to Interconnect
- Post-Interconnection Information
- First Bill Walk Through link pending
- Changes to System Ownership link pending
- Updating Billing Account Information link pending
- Customer Generator Modifications link pending
Please refer to the Interconnection Documents
webpage for a list of all relevant interconnection process documents.
Please refer to the Net Metering
webpage for more information about billing options related to DG interconnections.
Contact E-mail: Distributed.Generation@nationalgrid.com
DISCLAIMER: All content and information provided on this process webpage, including links to other National Grid webpages or documents and all of the content and information provided therein, is solely to provide customers, contractors, and other parties with additional useful guidance regarding National Grids typical distributed generation interconnection process and matters related thereto. In all instances, the content and information provided by National Grid is superseded by the applicable laws, rules, regulations, tariffs, and regulatory decisions governing the distributed generation interconnection process and all matters related thereto in the relevant jurisdictions, all as may be amended from time to time. The content and information contained herein is not intended to be all inclusive of every process or action available to users with respect to the interconnection of distributed generation. It is the sole responsibility of users of this website to independently verify the process to interconnect its distributed generation, as well as the status of any changes, pending changes, or updates to the process described herein. National Grid shall not be held liable under any circumstances for any errors, omissions, inaccurate, and/or out-dated content or information provided herein.