How to Choose
Just as you can shop and compare before you buy clothes, appliances or telephone services, you can now shop and compare energy suppliers. Follow the steps below for a quick way to find an energy supplier that is right for you.
To switch to an energy supplier, contact your chosen energy supplier and let them know you would like to begin buying your energy from them. They will most likely provide you with some type of contract or agreement. Your chosen energy supplier will then provide us with your enrollment information to switch your energy supply provider.
Even if you switch to another supplier, we will continue to:
- deliver your energy
- respond to service and emergency needs
- provide storm restoration services
We encourage you to consider all available energy supply options and determine which one will best meet your needs.
How to Shop
Step One: Know Your Current Supply Costs
Before obtaining prices from Energy Suppliers:
Step Two: Supplier Prices
- Know the price you are currently paying for the
found on your bill.
- You may also view our past and current costs for
Obtain prices from Energy Suppliers. Contact information for participating Energy Suppliers can be found on
the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission
When contacting an Energy Supplier, be sure to understand the following:
Step Three: Savings or Additional Cost
- What is the term of the contract?
- Are there minimum bill amounts?
- Are the energy prices fixed, or will they change from month to month?
- Does the supplier have a customer service center or website?
- Will the supplier bill you directly, or will charges be included in your current bill?
- Are there any early termination fees associated with the contract?
Compare the prices by subtracting our Supply Costs (Step One) from the Energy Supplier prices (Step Two).
Step Four: Estimate Savings or Additional Cost
To estimate your monthly savings or additional costs, multiply your monthly kWh (from a recent bill) by the savings or additional cost from Step 3. Energy usage can vary significantly from month to month, so this estimate will apply only to that month you have chosen for your example.
Example of This Process:
||Step 1: Supply Costs (for example only)
||Step 2: Supplier Prices (for example only)
||Step 3: Your Savings
||Step 3: Your Savings
||Step 4: (Step 3 X Monthly kWh)
For more details, review
Frequently Asked Questions: Energy Choice