National Grid
Budget Plan (Balanced Billing) Make managing your energy payments easier. Make your bill the same amount every month.
When you enroll in Budget Plan, you can take the the "peaks and valleys" out of your energy bills, making household budgeting simpler and more accurate. To qualify for the Budget Plan, your account balance must be current. If you have an overdue balance, you may arrange payment of the overdue balance by calling 1-888-211-1313 . To view your account balance and billing history go to Account Details.

It's Easy to Enroll

To get started, simply log-in below. (Remember that if you have an outstanding balance, you must settle it before you enroll.)

Once you're signed up, you'll start the Budget Plan when your account goes through the next billing cycle.

More Information

Are there any special fees to enroll in the Budget Plan?
There is no cost to enroll in the Budget Plan.

Can I leave the Budget Plan before the end of the year?
Yes. You may leave the Budget Plan at any time. The difference between what you've paid at the time you withdraw and your actual service charges will be added or subtracted from your next regular service bill.

Why did my budget amount change?
Actual usage is reviewed every six months, and your budget may be adjusted accordingly. These changes are made to prevent you from having a large balance or credit due at the end of your Budget Plan year.

How do you determine my Budget Plan amount?
We determine your monthly budget payment amount by looking at your energy use over the past 12 months. This annual consumption is then divided by 12 to help us determine your monthly budget amount. Actual usage is reviewed every six months, and your budget may be adjusted accordingly.

The twelfth month of the Budget Plan is 'Settlement Month.' If you paid more than you actually used over the plan year, we will reduce that month's bill to reflect your overcharge. If you did not pay enough to cover usage for the year, you can choose to either pay the amount over the next 12 months or pay it as one lump sum in the twelfth month.