Give your home an energy makeover.
Drafty rooms, noisy appliances, groaning boilers—ever wonder if your home is trying to tell you something? Maybe it’s time to find out with a no-cost Home Energy Assessment. Your National Grid Energy Specialist will come to your home, complete an attic-to-basement evaluation, and provide a custom home energy report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements. Please call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule an assessment of your 1 to 4 unit home.
Plus, energy-saving products will be installed at no cost as needed, such as:
- 7-day programmable thermostat or a no-cost or discounted Wi-Fi enabled thermostat
- If your electric service is provided by a municipality:
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
- If your electric service is provided by National Grid, Eversource, Unitil, or Cape Light Compact:
- ENERGY STAR certified LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators
- Low-flow showerheads
- Advanced power strips
Based on your assessment, you may be eligible for:
- An instant incentive for 75% off insulation (or based on your household income, you could receive an enhanced offer for no cost insulation).
- No-cost air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home
- Rebates of up to $3,250 for upgrading to qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment
- The opportunity to apply for 0% financing for eligible upgrades through the HEAT Loan
How to Participate:
Ready to get started? Take a quick no-cost Online Home Energy Assessment. This helps us determine whether your home is a good candidate for our program. Once we pre-qualify you, we will call you to schedule an in-home assessment.
Or, if you’re ready to schedule your no-cost Home Energy Assessment today, please call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) if you own or rent a home with 1 to 4 units. You will be assigned an Energy Specialist. If you prefer, select your own contractor from our list of participating Home Performance Contractors (HPCs). HPCs provide end-to-end service from Home Energy Assessments through air sealing and insulation installation.
If an Energy Specialist completes your Home Energy Assessment, he/she will coordinate recommended insulation and/or air sealing services with an Independent Installation Contractor (IIC) or you can choose a contractor from our list of participating IICs.
Quality Assurance Inspections:
After work is completed, the program conducts quality assurance inspections for Home Energy Assessments, weatherization work (air sealing and insulation), HEAT Loans, and rebated heating systems. Quality assurance inspections are performed by one of the following trusted vendors:
- Abode Energy Management
- Center for EcoTechnology (CET)
- CMC Energy Services, Inc.
- RISE Engineering
Over 99%* of National Grid customers who had a Home Energy Assessment and insulation upgrades would recommend this program to a friend or family member!
*Based on third party in-person interviews of more than 1,900 customers who participated between 1/1/2017 - 10/31/2017.
Other Savings Opportunities: