A little preventive maintenance leads to a facility that works harder for your business. Find out how you can create a better work environment with these easy, low-cost tips.
- Consider conducting a National Grid no-cost energy assessment to identify energy problem areas and discuss solutions.
- Take a walk through your facility, during the day and after hours. Make note of wasteful patterns and opportunities for saving energy.
- Review previous bills, which can reveal peak usage times and areas for improvement.
- Consider adjusting start-up and power-down times for your systems to reduce energy usage during off-peak times.
- Get a timer to turn lights on and off each day and in rooms that aren’t in use.
- Conduct regular maintenance on building equipment, which can produce big financial savings and have a positive impact on the environment.
- Consider formalizing a preventive maintenance program for your energy systems in order to track improvements.
- Regularly check building equipment to ensure it is performing efficiently all year long. Heating and cooling equipment should be checked monthly.