National Grid offers the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment centered on teamwork, meeting customer needs, and driving results. And we offer an intense, eight-week training and development program for recent college graduates. Our program helps to develop these individuals as leaders, direct their career, and enhance their business talents and skills. At the end of eight weeks, they’re placed in business areas where they can put their skills to work.
GDP allows recent graduates to explore a broad range of disciplines and sectors across our business, to work on a variety of projects, and to expand their network of colleagues. Opportunities are available in the following areas across our Northeast service territory:
- Network Strategy
- Maintenance & Construction
- Customer Experience
What We Look For in GDP Candidates
GDP candidates must have graduated between May of the current year and May of the following year. And they would need to be ready to start in June. Candidates must also have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- Academic studies relevant to one of the career paths
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant internship experiences preferred
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- College leadership position (e.g., student government, clubs, athletics)
- Leadership and/or volunteer experience, in and/or out of the college environment
- Full- or part-time job while at college
Please note the Graduate Development Program is seasonal. Our recruiting efforts begin in mid-September of each year and are usually available until early winter. Please note this is subject to change, given the number of vacancies and applicants. If you wish to be considered for different regions, please apply to each posting, respectfully. If your desired position is not posted, please come back and check the following year.
Interested GDP candidates can search our job listings here.