Our shared future depends on the economic strength and social well-being of our communities. That's why we provide grants to a wide range of charitable, not-for-profit, and tax-exempt organizations throughout our service area.
To apply, please first take our short eligibility quiz to ensure your program meets our requirement. After successfully completing the eligibility quiz, you will be directed to the grant giving application form.
We look to support programs that focus on:
- Education and Skills: The shortage of skills which are essential to the daily delivery of our business operations is a key issue for National Grid. Our community work focuses on engineering, research and development skills central to our business activities.
- Energy and Environment: Particularly projects that focus on reducing the causes and impact of climate change, the promotion of the local environment around our operational sites, the delivery of energy efficiency and alleviating fuel poverty.
- Community Investment: Programs that directly support our employees and their initiatives in the community and also encompass safety and inclusion & diversity initiatives.
As a general rule, funding is not provided for:
- Organizations not eligible for tax-deductible support under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code
- Organizations that refuse to offer support and/or services to individuals or groups because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected from discrimination under municipal, state or federal law
- Fraternal and veterans organizations or private clubs
- Agencies already receiving our support through United Way
- Organizations outside of National Grid's service territory, except to fund a specific project that is delivered directly to our customer communities
- Political or lobbying organizations
- Religious organizations
- Organizations that spend more than 25% of their budget on overhead and fundraising
- Travel and conferences
- Capital campaigns
Below are some of the programs and partnerships we support throughout our territories.