Report a Gas Emergency
If you smell gas anywhere, including in your home, go outside and call 1-800-640-1595 or 911 immediately.
Do not assume that someone else has already reported the emergency. Help us keep your community safe! We consider any of the below a gas emergency:
- You smell gas or suspect a gas leak.
- There is an abnormally high or low flame or no gas in all your gas appliances.
- Gas to an appliance or heating unit cannot be shut off.
- There is a continuous flow of water leaking from your gas heating unit or water heater.
- Gas pipes are making unusual noises like roaring, hissing or whistling.
- You notice dead vegetation that does not have a cause to be there.
- You see a white cloud, mist, fog or bubbles in standing water.
- There is an odor other than natural gas that is irritating to your eyes, nose and/or throat or someone is exhibiting symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure such as headache, nausea, lethargy, disorientation and combativeness.
Smell Gas. Act Fast.
As every report of a gas leak is a potentially hazardous situation, we recommend you evacuate the premises and wait for our technician to arrive. Keep this in mind if you suspect a leak:
- Leave the premise immediately.
- Leave windows and doors as they are.
- Do not touch any electrical or light switches, doorbells, phones or anything that could cause a spark such as any appliances or thermostats.
- Do not turn any electrical equipment on or off.
- Do not pull plugs from outlets.
- Extinguish any open flames such as lit candles.
- If you have a gas range or oven make sure the controls are turned off.
- Do not smoke or light matches.