Assistance and Incentives for Design Teams
Support for design teams ensures successful project outcomes and best practice application of technologies.
Regardless design team experience with zero net energy projects, National Grid’s technical support helps with resources for the following:
- Design Teams are eligible for an energy efficiency charrette incentive of $5,000 for participating in a charrette during the schematic design phase or earlier. 100% of the payment is made on successful completion of charrette with the project team members, owners, National Grid consultants, and other critical stakeholders in the project.
- Free technical assistance from National Grid consultants to assist design teams to develop and achieve EUI target and ZNE building goals.
- Pays 100% of cost for energy modeling and calculation of savings as compared to code compliant buildings.
To ensure successful zero net energy performance, National Grid also provides support for:
- Commissioning (Cx) and energy monitoring costs (capped based on the size of the project).
- Assistance to develop an Operations and Maintenance Plan as well as assistance with building operations for the first year of occupancy.
- Independent third-party verification and registration of the ZNE project at no cost to the owner.