You may be eligible for a discount on your monthly energy bills, based on your household income and household size.
A 25% discount on your National Grid electric and natural gas bills may be available if you:
- Receive Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or
- Qualify for Fuel Assistance/Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), or
- Receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration
Or, qualify for a 30% discount on your National Grid bills if you receive:
- Medicaid, or
- Rhode Island Works Program (formerly the Family Independence Program), or
- General Public Assistance
If you are a Rhode Island LIHEAP participant, you are likely already enrolled at this rate. If you are receiving a different form of state assistance, you may need to apply for the discount rate.
To prove eligibility for the rate, a confirmation letter from the current year is needed from one of the organizations listed above. If you don’t have these documents, contact the Rhode Island Department of Human Services at 1-855-697-4347 to request a qualification card.
Send your proof of benefit eligibility to National Grid through: