COVID-19 and Energy Efficiency
During the unprecedented impacts of COVID-19, National Grid remains committed to providing ways for your business to save money with our energy efficiency programs. While on-premise energy efficiency services have been suspended, we continue to provide energy efficiency retail rebates, online and virtual home energy assessments and financing. Considering the safety of our customers and employees, we made the following updates:
- Virtual home energy assessments. We are leveraging smart phones and digital devices to assess the efficiency of your homes, with free in-home delivery of saving measures like light bulbs, smart strips etc.
- Rescheduling site visits. Site visits will get rescheduled once on-premise program components resume.
- Processing applications. Rebate and financing applications will continue to be processed as submitted.
- Completing incentive payments. Completed projects will be processed for incentive payments if the documentation is submitted electronically, where applicable.
- On-premise services. On-premise energy efficiency customer services with National Grid vendor partners are paused.
- Return to Work. National Grid is currently working on a return to work plan. Step one has been to establish enhanced health and safety training and minimum required guidelines for use by residential contractors in delivering on-premise services in the current environment.
Environmental Health and Engineering, Inc. (EH&E), a trusted third-party health and safety consulting firm, has developed enhanced COVID-19 health and safety guidelines for the weatherization of 1-4 family residential buildings. National Grid is considering these guidelines as minimum requirements to resume on-premise work of this nature. All contracted vendors and trade allies will be required to demonstrate knowledge of and compliance with these guidelines before being authorized to resume any on-premise work of this nature.
Below are instructions to access the self-serve training module you can use to train your crews on these enhanced guidelines. Please note that receiving certification in these guidelines alone does not grant permission to resume on-premise work. Permission to resume on-premise work must be granted by National Grid.
Instructions to access the self-serve training:
- Navigate to https://newenglandprograms.clearesult.com/
- Select Create an Account
- Registration Code: NE-TRADES
- Program Code: NE-H&S-20
The full guidelines, FAQs and the slides from the webinar on May 14 can be found here.
Updates on return to work plan will be posted on this website.