Home Energy Assessments
Energy efficiency makes saving energy and money easy.
As life starts to look and feel a little more normal, we remain as committed as ever to helping customers and communities recover. One way we’re doing that is by offering energy efficiency products and programs designed to help you save money and energy—all while protecting the health of your home and the environment. As we all continue to navigate the new normal, we believe Virtual No-Cost Home Energy Assessment are a safe and effective way to look at your energy needs while keeping you and your family safe.
Start saving energy and money in four simple steps.
Schedule an appointment and provide basic information about your home.
Collaborate with an Energy Specialist over phone or video chat for personalized energy-efficiency recommendations.
Get no-cost energy-efficiency products shipped to you.
Receive 75% or more off approved insulation and air sealing (up to $15k) and additional rebates toward qualifying energy-efficient equipment.
What you’ll receive.
Your energy specialist will create a customized energy report tailored specifically to your home. Then, energy-saving products recommended during your assessment will be delivered at no cost. These include:
Advanced power strips
Based on your assessment, you may also be eligible for:
- 75% or more off approved insulation improvements and targeted air sealing (up to $15k). Recommended insulation and air sealing work is completed by pre-approved contractors. Customers have the option to select a participating contractor or be assigned one through the program.
- Insulation and air sealing that lowers energy costs, provides year-round comfort, improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling system, and keeps out dust and allergens
- Generous rebates of up to $2,750 on qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling and water-heating equipment
- Information on how to qualify for a 0% interest loan for eligible energy-efficiency improvements
The average value of home weatherization installation for our customers is $4,213.*
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Virtual No-Cost Home Energy Assessment**, customers must:
- Live in a one- to four-unit home.
- Have full access to the house and the ability to install recommended instant-saving products received.
- Be comfortable working with the energy specialist over the phone and able to use technology such as video chat and/or sending photos of the home over email.
Limited in-person options may be available. Please call 1-888-633-7947 for more details.
This program is available to residential customers of National Grid. Eligibility for some rebates/incentives is based on findings from the Home Energy Assessment.
By taking advantage of a Home Energy Assessment, you’re not only improving your home’s energy performance and saving money, you’re getting the experience of making hands-on improvements while learning about your home.
Or call 1-888-633-7947 to schedule.
These programs are funded by the energy-efficiency charge on all customers’ gas and electric bills, in accordance with Rhode Island law.
*Based on historical program participation data.
**Additional criteria may apply.