Insulation and Air Sealing
To save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling costs, make sure all ceilings, roofs, exterior walls, and wall cavities are adequately insulated.
If you live in a 1-to-4 unit Rhode Island home, you may be eligible for up to $4,000 off insulation, and air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home. Please call 1-888-633-7947 to schedule a no-cost Home Energy Assessment. Your National Grid Energy Specialist will come to your home, complete an attic-to-basement evaluation, and provide a custom home energy report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements.
- Around plumbing, electrical, and duct work in exterior walls.
- Any chases open to spaces like an attic.
- Gaps between interior and exterior walls and ceiling sheetrock.
- Around sheetrock, including between interior and exterior walls and where sheetrock is sealed to the subfloor.
- Openings around windows.
- Floors, including cantilevered floors and band joist areas in floor systems.
- Kneewalls in Cape-style homes.
- Joints between existing buildings and additions or modular buildings.
- Adding a reflective roof coating can also help improve energy efficiency.