Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Choose a Region

Welcome to our RI Home site.

We're not sure if this is right. If you confirm where you use our services most, we can tailor our site to your needs.
Note: If you've told us more than once your browser could be blocking cookies. Click to learn more about cookies

Select Your Region

Where can we help you today?

1 Important Alert(s)

Storm Alert

National Grid crews are deployed and assisting with damage and restoration efforts where conditions have been deemed safe. Our first priority is responding to emergencies, opening roads and restoring critical locations, such as hospitals and nursing homes. As always, safety is our biggest priority. Please remember to never touch downed power lines and always assume they are carrying live electricity. Downed lines should be reported at 1-800-465-1212 or by calling 911.

Report a Gas Emergency

If you smell gas anywhere, including in your home, go outside and call 1-800-640-1595 or 911 immediately.

Do not assume that someone else has already reported the emergency. Help us keep your community safe! We consider any of the below a gas emergency:

  • You smell gas or suspect a gas leak.
  • There is an abnormally high or low flame or no gas in all your gas appliances.
  • Gas to an appliance or heating unit cannot be shut off.
  • There is a continuous flow of water leaking from your gas heating unit or water heater.
  • Gas pipes are making unusual noises like roaring, hissing or whistling.
  • You notice dead vegetation that does not have a cause to be there.
  • You see a white cloud, mist, fog or bubbles in standing water.
  • There is an odor other than natural gas that is irritating to your eyes, nose and/or throat or someone is exhibiting symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure such as headache, nausea, lethargy, disorientation and combativeness.

As every report of a gas leak is a potentially hazardous situation, we recommend you evacuate the premises along with any family members and pets and wait for our technician to arrive.

DO NOT under any circumstances:

  • Touch any electrical or light switches, doorbells, phones or anything that could cause a spark such as any appliances or thermostats.
  • Turn any electrical equipment on or off.
  • Pull plugs from outlets.
  • Smoke or light matches.