Demand Response programs pay you to reduce electric usage when our system needs help. These programs can help keep electric rates down by lowering utility costs and by helping keep the lights on by improving reliability. All you need to do is temporarily reduce your electrical usage when requested!
Commercial System Relief Program (CSRP)
CSRP participants are called one day ahead of a forecasted peak-shaving need. These calls for electric load reductions typically occur on our hottest days when the electrical system may exceed acceptable performance levels.
There are times throughout the summer when electricity use in our community reaches its highest levels. By reducing overall energy demand during these events, we can decrease our need for costly infrastructure upgrades and minimize carbon emissions. That’s why National Grid is working with experienced Curtailment Service Providers (CSPs) to offer our commercial and industrial customers generous incentives to participate in this Demand Response program.
Contact one of our active CSPs to tap into their demand response expertise:
CPower: 844-996-4743 or NGRID@CPowerEnergyManagement.com
Direct Energy: 732-516-7530 or DemandResponse@directenergy.com
EnerNOC: 617-531-7680 or Yanis.Chibani@enernoc.com
NRG Energy: 877-711-5453 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Voltus: 413-864-2007 or email@example.com
National Grid strongly encourages participants to work with CSPs to facilitate the enrollment process and participation in demand response programs. CSPs can provide program information and ensure that all the requirements to participate are met.
The following are incentive payments for both the reservation and voluntary payment options for both planned and unplanned events:
- Reservation Payment Option: $2.75/kW/month for the reservation payment + $0.18/kWh for the performance payment for planned events.
- Voluntary Payment Option: $0.16/kWh performance payment for planned event and $0.19/kWh performance payment for unplanned event.
Find out more about the incentive payment options*.
*Draft version available, pending regulatory approval.
Eligibility Requirements for Participants:
- Participants must be located in National Grid’s service area.
- Participants must have a communicating Billing Interval Meter. Please call customer service at 1-800-932-0301 to inquire about obtaining an interval (hourly) meter from National Grid.
- Participants must be served under service classification numbers 1, 1C, 2, 3, 3A, 4, 7, or 12
You may apply through National Grid, however, we do encourage customers to apply through an aggregator. If you are able to reduce by 50 kW or more on your own, you can apply directly with National Grid by completing this application. Applications and any questions can be submitted to us via DR@NationalGrid.com.
Customers are also eligible to participate in the NYISO Programs.