Report a Gas Emergency
If you smell gas anywhere, including in your home, go outside and call 1-800-892-2345 or 911 immediately.
Do not assume that someone else has already reported the emergency. Help us keep your community safe! We consider any of the below a gas emergency:
- You smell gas or suspect a gas leak.
- There is an abnormally high or low flame or no gas in all your gas appliances.
- Gas to an appliance or heating unit cannot be shut off.
- There is a continuous flow of water leaking from your gas heating unit or water heater.
- Gas pipes are making unusual noises like roaring, hissing or whistling.
- You notice dead vegetation that does not have a cause to be there.
- You see a white cloud, mist, fog or bubbles in standing water.
- There is an odor other than natural gas that is irritating to your eyes, nose and/or throat or someone is exhibiting symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure such as headache, nausea, lethargy, disorientation and combativeness.
As every report of a gas leak is a potentially hazardous situation, we recommend you evacuate the premises along with any family members and pets and wait for our technician to arrive.
DO NOT under any circumstances:
- Touch any electrical or light switches, doorbells, phones or anything that could cause a spark such as any appliances or thermostats.
- Turn any electrical equipment on or off.
- Pull plugs from outlets.
- Smoke or light matches.