Climate Change Study
National Grid’s Upstate and Downstate Gas Rate Settlements
Study for the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act
On August 12, 2021, the New York Public Service Commission (PSC) adopted a Joint Proposal establishing a 3-year rate settlement for National Grid’s New York gas distribution companies in downstate New York, The Brooklyn Union Gas Company d/b/a National Grid NY (KEDNY) and KeySpan East Gas Corporation d/b/a National Grid (KEDLI). On January 20, 2022, the PSC also adopted a Joint Proposal establishing a 3-year rate settlement for National Grid’s upstate New York electric and gas distribution company, Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation, d/b/a National Grid.
As part of the Joint Proposals, the PSC requires a study to analyze the scale, timing, costs, and customer bill impacts of achieving significant, quantifiable reductions in carbon emissions from the use of gas delivered in our service territories and the projects and programs needed to achieve the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act’s (CLCPA) specific decarbonization goals.
The Study kicked off in July with virtual presentations on the draft study, with opportunities to provide verbal or written feedback. Subsequent meeting links and study documents will be made available here.
- CLCPA Study for KEDNY/KEDLI and NMPC - Final Presentation Materials
- August 10 Letter - Final Presentation Materials
- Guidehouse CLCPA Assumptions Appendix
- Scenario Assumptions (Guidehouse)
- Scenarios and Assumptions (National Grid)
- CLCPA Studies, November 28 Stakeholder Meeting – Draft Study Outputs for KEDNY/KEDLI and NMPC
- CLCPA Study Assumptions Appendix for November 28 Stakeholder Meeting #3
- Recording of National Grid CLCPA Third Stakeholder Meeting on November 28, 2022
- Recording of National Grid CLCPA Fourth Stakeholder Meeting on January 9, 2023
- CLCPA Draft Study Report for January 9, 2023 Stakeholder Meeting #4