Life can be hard, but finding assistance shouldn’t be.
With higher energy costs expected this heating season, planning now is more important than ever. We’re here to help with options to manage your energy bill and ways to save money.
National Grid is launching a series of in-person customer energy savings events and webinars to provide customers with information on available assistance and help them prepare for the winter season.
Customer Energy Savings Events - meet with assistance program experts and connect with the resources your family needs, all under one roof, all in one day.
Our next events will be from 4 pm - 7 pm on:
- Tuesday, January 24 - Senior Center, 40 New St., Marlborough, MA 01752
- Tuesday, February 7 - Senior Center, 77 Lowell St., Methuen, MA 01844
- Thursday, February 9 - Morey Elementary School (Cafeteria), 130 Pine St., Lowell, MA 01852
* Please note this event will run from 4:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 22 - Senior Center, 90 Chelsea St., Everett, MA 02149
- Thursday, March 2 - Senior Center, 7 Washington St., Malden, MA 02148
- Tuesday, March 7 - The Center, 155 Haverhill St., Lawrence, MA 01840
- Thursday, March 9 - Senior Center, 440 East Squantum St., Quincy, MA 02171
- Thursday, March 16 - Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Sq., Salem, MA 01970
- Monday, April 10 - Jacob Edwards Library - Pioppi Room, 236 Main Street, Southbridge, MA 01550
- Tuesday, April 11 - Williams School, 180 Walnut Street, Chelsea, MA 02150
- Thursday, April 13 - Gloucester City Hall, Kyrouz Auditorium, 2nd Floor, 9 Dale Ave, Gloucester, MA 01930
- Monday, April 24 - Fire Station, Training Room (rear of building), 37 State Road, Great Barrington, MA 01930
- Thursday, May 4 - City Hall - Auditorium, 25 West Street Leominster, MA 01453
- Tuesday, June 13 - Brimfield Council on Aging, 20 Main St., Brimfield, MA 01010
* Please note this event will run from 9:00am-1:00 pm
Our advocates will be on-site to help you explore options and determine your eligibility for assistance including the following:
- Discount rate
- Payment Plans
- Budget Billing
- Arrears Management Program (AMP)
If you receive SNAP, MassHealth, SSI, or WIC please make sure to bring your benefit card or letter to enroll in our discount rate for your gas and electric accounts (if you aren’t already enrolled). You may qualify for our forgiveness program.
Along with the advocates, you can talk with representatives from the following services:
- Local Community Action Program (CAP) Agency for LIHEAP/Fuel Assistance services
- Local CAP Agency for Low-Income Energy Efficiency Services
- CleaResult for moderate/market rate income Mass Save
Other assistance agencies in attendance to share helpful information with you may include the local Residential Assistance to Families in Transition (RAFT) agency, Good Neighbor Energy Fund, local Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) agency, and local Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Program.
Solutions to Help with your Energy Bills Webinar – Learn about available assistance programs and ways to save on your energy bill with this free webinar. Our Customer Advocates will review options to help you manage your bill, save energy and access assistance if you need it.
Topics that will be covered include discount rates, payment and billing plans, billing options, energy efficiency and fuel assistance grants.
More live webinar dates coming soon!