Adopt A Park Program
We have a responsibility to our community, and to show our commitment through clean energy and sustainability. As a result, we created the Adopt a Park initiative – a project designed to revitalize important local and regional landmarks in the areas we serve.
Our parks are at the center of our communities. They are places for celebrations and recreation. With Adopt a Park, we'll provide funding to support the revitalization of overgrown, underdeveloped or abandoned parks. This includes assistance for gathering spaces, seating and tables that utilize reclaimed or sustainable materials.
We want to preserve and sustain these important centers of community pride, and we look forward to doing it together.
What kind of projects qualify?
We are collaborating with our state, city and local municipalities in the park adoption program. Parks covered by the following can be adopted:
- local pocket parks
- town parks
- village parks
- city parks
- county parks.
Types of funding
Funding will focus on beautifying and revitalizing parks and green spaces. This may include funds for a National Grid-branded bench, picnic table and/or gazebo to create a safe and inviting space for the community to gather outdoors:
- grants for parks
- tree planting grants
- park development grants
- grants for nature conservation
- grants for small town parks
- park improvement grants
- community green space grants.
What are the requirements?
The Adopt A Park program is available to all kinds of community-driven and public organizations that are working to improve parks and natural green spaces. Those that qualify for Adopt A Park grants are:
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
- community groups, neighborhood associations, etc.
We encourage anyone who is interested to apply for the Adopt A Park program. All applicants will be given a fair opportunity for funding as long as they fully complete the application process.
Adopt A Park grant applications will go through the following steps:
- Respond to the pre-screening questions via our Corporate Giving Eligibility Quiz. If you qualify, you will be redirected to the application process.
- Fill out the required application from Cybergrants and submit it to us.
- We will review your Cybergrants application.
- Upon our approval, complete your park cleanup.
- Take photos or videos of the completed work and the volunteers who performed the cleanup pre and post-photos or videos). Feel free to use social media to promote your event.
- We will recognize our Adopt A Park volunteers with a Certificate of Appreciation or Plaque for your service. We will also post your community engagement event utilizing our social media forums.
Want to get started?
See if your organization qualifies for the Adopt A Park program by answering our pre-screening questions today.