Neighborhood Investment Program
Our commitment to communities goes beyond delivering safe, reliable energy to New York. That’s why our Neighborhood Investment Program was designed to make sure our economic and social role in the community has the greatest possible positive impact. We’re here to help revitalize the areas we serve by supporting and fostering energy, education and community development projects.
What kind of projects qualify?
Through this program, grants will be provided to the following:
- Buildings that are mixed-use or affordable housing or provide a community service
- Non-profit or faith-based institutions who have LDC’s, or profit arms that build community projects or affordable housing
- Cultural institutions (such as museums, libraries, performing arts, etc.)
- Recreational programs (such as athletic, community centers, etc.)
What are the requirements?
- Project structures must promote or encourage the use of sustainable, energy-efficient, energy sources, materials, or equipment
- Projects must be located within National Grid’s service territory
- Project must be completed within 18 months of application being approved
- For multi-family, there must be a minimum of four units
- Building(s) must be new construction or gutted/rehab to qualify. Gutted/rehab spaces need to be abandoned or unoccupied to qualify.