Small Business Technical Assistance Grants
Businesses are going through a transition where adoption to the virtual world has to be fast. This opened a door for local organizations – like your local chamber of commerce – to offer technical support to small businesses in your community. The Small Business Technical Assistance Support Grants will provide funding for the essential resources that our economic development partners need, so they can continue to serve and support local businesses in our New York service territory.
Who can apply?
- A regional chamber or economic development organization in partnership with local economic development organizations or chambers, or
- A local economic development organization, local chamber of commerce, or other community-level organization that provide services to small businesses in the National Grid territory or
- A regional consortium of local small business assistance organizations listed above
What type of technical assistance initiatives or programs qualify?
- Creating and printing of collateral material and other outreach materials
- Assessing business sentiment and resource needs such as survey of businesses
- Marketing costs to promote business support services
- Staffing costs for incremental outreach, education, and technical assistance to aid businesses in complying with federal, state and local regulations
- Language/accessibility assistance for non-English speaking businesses
- Increasing and expanding diversity among business owners and organizational leadership
What are the requirements?
- Provide direct technical support for small “main street” businesses in one or more of the following areas:
- Assistance in applying for loans, grants or other assistance
- Guidance in implementing local, state and/or federal regulations
- Linking small businesses with existing resources or
- Providing resources for business start-ups and the local entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Track, report and evaluate impacts on the businesses receiving the technical assistance project not limited to:
- Number of business districts served
- Number of businesses contacted
- Number of businesses served
- Number of employees in those businesses
- Specific resources and assistance provided to each business
- Other outcomes outlined in a specific proposal
Interested in applying for a grant?
If you're applying, please make sure you have all the below information ready:
- Statement of need
- Project description (how will your project address the business needs)
- Budget description
- Detail project budget
- Letters of support
- Partnership agreements, multi-group applications only