Your bill doesn’t have to change with the seasons. Take advantage of our programs and solutions to greater control your energy use and monthly bills, year round.
This year weather has been 8% colder than average across Long Island.* With this winter shaping up to be one of the coldest in years, higher energy bills are expected. We can help you plan for increased costs and minimize them when possible. Some quick steps you can take today include:
- Lower your thermostat when you’re asleep or away. A 6-9 degree adjustment can save up to 10 percent.
- Drop the temperature on your water heater. Set it to 120 degrees to save energy and prevent burns.
- Clear areas in front of vents from furniture. Blocked vents require up to 25% more energy to distribute air.
- Seal any air leaks. Caulk and add weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Change the filter on your heating system regularly. A dirty filter will decrease air flow and energy-efficiency.