Understanding Our Bills and Charges
How to Read Your Bill
Every National Grid bill gives a breakdown of exactly what you are being charged. Review this sample bill and compare it to your own.
- The top of your bill shows your name, service address, billing period, account number, amount due and due date.
- Account balance lists any previous balance due, payments received, date paid and your current charges.
- This section lists National Grid contact information, correspondence address, electronic payment address and the date the bill was issued.
- Delivery services lists your current charges for delivering energy from your supplier to your service address.
- This section shows your energy usage history graph.
- This section shows your account number, the due date and the total amount due.