Insulation and Air-Sealing
A better business climate starts with a well-insulated building. Increase comfort and energy savings with these simple tips:
- Make sure all exterior walls, ceilings, roofs, and wall cavities are adequately insulated.
- Common air leakage points to check and seal include:
- The areas around plumbing, electrical, and duct work in exterior walls.
- Any chases open to spaces like an attic.
- Gaps between interior and exterior walls and ceiling sheetrock.
- Any sheetrock areas, including between interior and exterior walls and where sheetrock is sealed to the subfloor.
- Openings around windows.
- Floors, including cantilevered floors and band joist areas in floor systems.
- Kneewalls in cape-style structures.
- Joints between existing buildings and additions or modular buildings.
- Add a reflective roof coating which keeps your building cooler by absorbing less heat.