Home Energy Assessments
Save energy and create a cozy home with one call.
A no-cost home assessment gives you a plan to save on energy costs while improving energy use and comfort. A National Grid Energy Specialist will come to your home, complete an attic-to-basement evaluation, and provide a custom home energy report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements.
Call 1-888-633-7947 to schedule an assessment of your 1 to 4 unit home.
As part of your assessment, you’ll receive energy-saving products installed at no cost, such as:
- 7-day programmable thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators and low-flow showerheads
- Advanced power strips
Based on your assessment, you may be eligible for:
- Up to $4,000 toward the installation of approved insulation and targeted air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home
- Rebates for replacing old appliances
- Rebates for upgrading your heating, cooling, and water heating systems
- Enhanced Landlord offering of no-cost weatherization up to $4,000 per unit. Download brochure
- Customers in 1-4 family homes are eligible to apply for a 0% interest HEAT Loan to finance qualifying energy savings upgrades. Loans are available for $500 - $25,000 over terms of 24 months - 84 months from participating lenders. Your Energy Specialist will provide more details during your home energy assessment.
Ready to get started? Schedule your no-cost home energy assessment by calling 1-888-633-7947.
Recommended insulation and air sealing work is completed by pre-approved contractors. Customers have the option to select a participating contractor or be assigned one through the program.
National Grid’s Rhode Island home energy assessment program meets the requirements set forth by Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®, a national program administered by the U.S. Department of Energy in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is designed to engage consumers in the highest form of home improvement: making homes safe, healthy, and energy efficient. The entire house is evaluated – including its systems and their interactivity – to identify comprehensive energy savings solutions.
99% of participants would recommend a Home Energy Assessment to a friend or family member.