Give your home an energy makeover.
Drafty rooms, noisy appliances, groaning boilers—ever wonder if your home is trying to tell you something? Maybe it’s time to find out with a no-cost Home Energy Assessment. Your National Grid Energy Specialist will come to your home, complete an attic-to-basement evaluation, and provide a custom home energy report outlining recommended energy efficiency improvements. Please call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule an assessment of your 1 to 4 unit home.
In addition, you’ll receive the following no-cost energy-saving products:
- 7-day programmable thermostat or a no-cost or discounted Wi-Fi enabled thermostat
- If your electric service is provided by a municipality: ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
- If your electric service is provided by National Grid, Eversource, Unitil, or Cape Light Compact JPE: ENERGY STAR certified LED light bulbs, faucet aerators, low-flow showerheads, and advanced power strips.
Based on your assessment, you may be eligible for:
- An instant incentive for 75% off insulation (or based on your household income, you could receive an enhanced offer of 90% ff insulation).
- No-cost air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home
- Rebates of up to $3,500 for upgrading to qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment
- The opportunity to apply for 0% financing for eligible upgrades through the HEAT Loan
Over 99%* of National Grid customers who had a Home Energy Assessment and insulation upgrades would recommend this program to a friend or family member!
Ready to get started? Take a quick no-cost Online Home Energy Assessment. This helps us determine whether your home is a good candidate for our program. Once we pre-qualify you, we will call you to schedule an assessment.
Or, if you’re ready to schedule your no-cost Home Energy Assessment today, please call 1-866-527-SAVE(7283) if you own or rent a home with 1 to 4 units. You will be assigned an Energy Specialist. If you prefer, select your own contractor from our list of participating Home Performance Contractors (HPCs). HPCs provide end-to-end service from Home Energy Assessments through air sealing and insulation installation.
If an Energy Specialist completes your Home Energy Assessment, he/she will coordinate recommended insulation and/or air sealing services with an Independent Installation Contractor (IIC) or you can choose a contractor from our list of participating IICs.
Quality Assurance Inspections: After work is completed, the program conducts quality assurance inspections for Home Energy Assessments, weatherization work (air sealing and insulation), HEAT Loans, and rebated heating systems. Quality assurance inspections are performed by one of the following trusted vendors:
- Abode Energy Management
- Center for EcoTechnology (CET)
- CMC Energy Services, Inc
- RISE Engineering
*Based on third party in-person interviews of more than 1,900 customers who participated between 1/1/2017 - 10/31/2017.
Customers whose household income is at or below designated income levels may instead be eligible for the Income Eligible Program.
Other offers are available for renters of 1-4 unit properties, landlords of 1-4 unit properties, and landlords of multi-family facilities with 5+ units.