Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Choose a Region

Welcome to our NY Home site.

We're not sure if this is right. If you confirm where you use our services most, we can tailor our site to your needs.
Note: If you've told us more than once your browser could be blocking cookies. Click to learn more about cookies

Select Your Region

Where can we help you today?

Domestic Violence Attestation

If you are a survivor of domestic violence, you have rights.

If you have experienced domestic violence, as a utility customer you have the right to opt out of an energy service contract that you share with an abuser.  The law provides for those with joint accounts with an abuser to be released from the account without penalty as long as a written attestation is provided. Those released from joint contracts may be held responsible for arrears incurred up until the time their name is removed from a joint account. Below is the Domestic Violence Attestation Form to release you from a joint account.

However, because National Grid does not offer joint residential accounts, at any time residential customers can:

  • call and cancel residential utility service (for a single-family home) when the account is in their name, or
  • call and request service at a residence at any time without the former customer requesting a service turn off

If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 1-718-643-4050.  Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

* indicates required fields

Personal Information Associated with this account.

Please Do Not Include Sensitive New Location Information.

Don't know your account number? It can be found on your bill or by logging into your account.