Commercial and Fleet EV Charging Programs
Partner with National Grid to install electric vehicle (EV) charging at little or no cost. Our programs offer incentives and opportunities to install EV charging stations, save on electricity costs for DC fast-charging stations, and convert fleet vehicles to EVs. Be an environmental leader.
Partner with us to install EV charging at little or no cost.
Charging Station Site Hosts
National Grid's Make-Ready Program will fund up to 100%* of the electric infrastructure costs associated with installing electric vehicle charging.
When you add EV charging, you're not just providing customers, employees, and tenants with convenience and connectivity; you're demonstrating your sustainability commitment to the entire community.
Let’s get started.
Step 1. Learn about the Program by reading the Program Brochure
Step 3. See the Incentives and Credits for additional financial resources
Step 4. Select an Approved Contractor who will be your partner in installing the right EV solution for you. They can walk you through the application process and discuss your EV project construction.
Step 5. Have questions before you get started? Contact us and we can answer your questions and help you select an approved contractor.
*National Grid covers up to 100 percent of electric infrastructure associated with new EV charging stations, for approved projects.
Approved contractors play a crucial role in the EV Charging Program, serving as trusted advisors and technical experts to Customers interested in installing EV chargers.
Are you interested in becoming an Approved Contractor? Apply online.
Are you already an Approved Contractor? Below are key steps and information you’ll need before submitting a project application for your customers interested in installing EV Chargers.
Step 1. Double-check that your organization is listed on the Approved Contractor List
Step 2. Use the Program Brochure to help explain the program to your customers
Step 3. Utilize the Expedited Review Process to qualify your projects for a more streamlined review
Step 4. Choose from the EV Equipment List to take advantage of the expedited review process
Step 6. For those looking to install DCFC and other large EV charging station load, make sure to check the EV Charging Station Capacity Map
Step 7. Check off the Application Requirements to help you prepare to apply more quickly and easily
Step 8. Review Program Terms and Conditions
Step 9. When your project is ready, use the link below to apply for the program on behalf of your customer
Questions? CONTACT US
Partner with us to help you through the process of converting your sedans, delivery vans, school and transit buses, trucks, and other fleet vehicles to electric alternatives.
- We can help you determine electricity available at your depot and the potential bill impact or savings with our Fleet Assessment Services:
- Site Feasibility Analysis: Determine power demand, distribution impacts and potential cost-saving synergies
- Rate Analysis: Understand the electricity costs required to electrify your fleet, potential managed charging solutions, and rate options available to reduce your energy bills
- We can also help fleets of all types install EV charging stations at lower costs:
- Light-duty fleets: Apply to the EV Charging Station Make-Ready Program following the steps above
- Medium- and Heavy- duty (MHDV) fleets: National Grid is conducting a pilot program for funding for investments in grid-side infrastructure to enable larger fleet EVs:
- Focused on disadvantaged communities (DACs): Projects prioritized to support a direct reduction of diesel emissions for those most impacted by pollution
- Applicants must participate in New York Truck Voucher Incentive Program (NYTVIP)
- Covers up to 90% of utility-side make-ready costs
Questions? CONTACT US