Electric Heating and Cooling
NYS Clean Heat Statewide Heat Pump Program
Heat Pumps keep your home temperature—and energy costs— just right!
Whether you use a mini-split, central air source or ground source heat pump, this technology is a cleaner, more efficient alternative to help you find the perfect balance of cool and warm, comfort and savings all year round, while also reducing your carbon foot print. These all-in-one heating and air conditioning systems optimize air flow throughout your home to use less energy and can save you up to 30% on your heating and cooling costs, plus they’re quiet, cleaner and easy to install. Heat pumps are now more affordable than ever with National Grid rebates, so you can save even more.
- $500 on outdoor condenser unit for partial load heating ccASHP
- $1,000/10,000BTUH of maximum heating capacity at NEEP 5-degree F for full load heating ccASHP
- $1,500/10,000 BTUH of full load heating capacity as certified by AHRI for full load heating ground source heat pumps.
- Custom incentives are offered for projects that do not fit into the prescriptive framework, including commercial air source heat pump water heaters.
- $700/air source heat pump water heaters (<120 gal)
- $100/GSHP Desuperheaters
- $900/GS HPWH
How do electric, heat pumps compare to other, traditional HVAC equipment?
- Warmer. Heat pumps spread the warmth more efficiently than conventional oil, propane, or electric resistance heating systems.
- Cooler. Heat pumps cool more efficiently when summer temperatures climb.
- Comfier and cozier. Heat pumps provide quiet, even heating and cooling throughout your home or business.
- Easier. Heat pumps last longer than conventional furnaces and AC units and require minimal maintenance.
- Cleaner, healthier, and safer. There is no combustion of fossil fuels, fuel storage, or carbon monoxide emissions associated with heat pumps.
To learn more about what air or ground source heating and cooling technologies are best for you visit: nyserda.ny.gov/ngpumped.
Plus, ENERGY STAR® certified electric heat pump water heaters use electricity to move heat from one place to another, making them two to three times more energy-efficient than conventional electric water heaters—which means plenty of savings to enjoy.