(Arrears Management Program)
The Forgiveness Program, also known as the Arrears Management Program, is available to customers on income-eligible discount rates who have a balance of at least $300 that is more than 60 days past due.
- If your account is still active, no down payment is required.
- If your service has been shut off for non-payment, a down payment on the balance due is required.
Then, you can begin a payment plan. National Grid will determine your monthly bill amount based on your average energy usage. If you make payments on time, part of your past due amount may be forgiven (up to a maximum of $12,000 per year).
For example, say your past due balance is $1,200 and we set a budget amount of $150 per month. For every month that a required $150 budget payment is made towards the current bill, National Grid will reduce your past-due balance by $100 (calculated as $1,200 ÷ 12 = $100).
For more information or to enroll in the Forgiveness Program, call 1-888-211-1313 for Electric or 1-800-233-5325 for Gas.
If you are not on an income-eligible discount rate code, or you don’t meet the Forgiveness Program guidelines, we do offer other payment plan options at More Time to Pay.
- The customer must be a National Grid residential customer in Massachusetts with active service.
- The account balance must be $300 or more and at least 60 days overdue.
- The account must have confirmed enrollment in our National Grid Low Income Rate.
- The customer must pay their monthly budget amount each month and on time.