Hearts Fighting Hunger
The Hearts Fighting Hunger program is administered by HeartShare Human Services of New York and provides one-time emergency food assistance in the form of a $150 grocery store gift card/food voucher to eligible National Grid New York heating customers with a past-due account and a vulnerable household member.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Have an active National Grid heating account in their name that is in arrears
- Meet NYSERDA’s EmPower+ Moderate Income Incentive income guidelines
- Reside in a residential home or apartment
- Have a vulnerable household member such as a disabled person, a child under the age of 18, or a resident over the age of 62
- Have an overdue balance of more than $200
For more information visit: HeartShare Human Services of New York | Energy Assistance & Community Development or call (718) 422-4207.