If you rely on electrically operated medical devices or have other special medical needs, it is especially important to be prepared for a power outage. Please inform if any of the following applies to you or members of your household:
- You rely on electrically operated life-sustaining medical devices and you may be in immediate danger if your electric service is interrupted
- The entire household makeup consists of any combination of the following special medical needs:
- 62 years of age or older and if anyone else is in the home, they must be 18 years of age or younger
- Medically or Legally Blind
- Receiving permanent disability - collecting SSI or SSD, collecting Military or Service connected disability from VA.
If your household may qualify for the above, please fill out our Special Needs form and return it to:
ATTN: Life Support Unit D-1
300 Erie Boulevard West
Syracuse, NY 13202
If you have questions about these programs, please call Customer Center at 1-800-642-4272 (Monday -Friday, 7am-7pm).
Use our Personal Emergency Action Planner to help prepare for a power outage emergency. Although we inform customers about planned power outages and regularly review equipment requirements, restoration does take time. Always call 911 in the case of an emergency.