Home Energy Assessments
Energy efficiency makes saving energy and money easy.
A no-cost Home Energy Assessment will determine if your home can benefit from energy savings products and programs to help you save money and energy – all while protecting the health of your home and the environment.
Start saving energy and money in four simple steps.
Schedule an appointment and provide basic information about your home.
Collaborate with an Energy Specialist over phone or video chat for personalized energy-efficiency recommendations.
Get no-cost energy-efficiency products shipped to you.
Receive 75% or more off approved insulation, no-cost air sealing and additional rebates toward qualifying energy-efficient equipment.
What you’ll receive.
Your energy specialist will create a customized energy report tailored specifically to your home. Then, energy-saving products recommended during your assessment will be delivered at no cost. These include:
Advanced power strips
Based on your assessment, you may also be eligible for:
- 75% or more off approved insulation improvements and no-cost targeted air sealing
- Insulation and air sealing that lowers energy costs, provides year-round comfort, improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling system, and keeps out dust and allergens
- Generous rebates of up to $2,750 on qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling and water-heating equipment
- Information on how to qualify for a 0% interest loan for eligible energy-efficiency improvements
The average value of home weatherization installation for our customers is $4,026.*
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Virtual No-Cost Home Energy Assessment**, customers must:
- Live in a one- to four-unit home.
- Have full access to the house and the ability to install recommended instant-saving products received.
- Be comfortable working with the energy specialist over the phone and able to use technology such as video chat and/or sending photos of the home over email.
Limited in-person options may be available. Please call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) for more details.
This program is available to residential customers of National Grid. Eligibility for some rebates/incentives is based on findings from the Home Energy Assessment.
By taking advantage of a Home Energy Assessment, you’re not only improving your home’s energy performance and saving money, you’re getting the experience of making hands-on improvements while learning about your home.
Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule.
*Based on historical program participation data.
**Additional criteria may apply.