More Time to Pay
Before signing up for a payment agreement you may want to consider that financial assistance provided by the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) may be available to help you pay your home energy costs.
Regular HEAP opened on October 1, 2021, and is scheduled to run through March 15, 2022, or until funds run out. Also available this year is a one-time Regular Arrears Supplement (RAS) This program opened on September 22nd and is scheduled to run through September 2022 or until funds run out. RAS is available to households who are eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and behind on their heating (gas or electric) utility bills or non-heating electric utility bills but do not qualify for the utility assistance offered by the New York’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). RAS grants will cover all accumulated heating (gas or electric) or non-heating electric utility past due payments up to $10,000. Customers interested in the RAS Program should contact their local HEAP office. We encourage you to apply quickly. For more information, customers in New York can contact their local HEAP office or visit the New York State OTDA HEAP Website at: https://otda.ny.gov/programs/heap/ or call the New York State HEAP Hotline at 1-800-342-3009.
COVID-19 Payment Agreement
Amid the continuing COVID-19 public health crisis, we recognize that you may still be undergoing hardship. We’ve been working to support customers throughout the pandemic, and we’re here - to listen and to help.
We will not disconnect service for non-payment to any qualifying customer financially impacted by COVID-19 through December 21, 2021 with a qualifying attestation. Please visit ngrid.com/covid-19 or contact us.
Our new COVID-19 Payment Agreement allows you to spread your past due amount over manageable monthly installments – with no down payment and no financial reporting.
A COVID-19 Payment Agreement may help you:
- Avoid the risk of disconnection
- Pay your overdue balance over time, with no penalty
- Take advantage of $0 down payment
How it works
- $0 down payment
- Installments: 12 months
- No signature or financial documentation required
- Your payment installments may vary over the course of your payment agreement
- The account must have active service in order to enter into an agreement
- Your account cannot be “cash only”
- You cannot be enrolled in Balanced Billing
- You cannot be enrolled in an existing payment agreement or collection arrangement*
* If you are currently enrolled in an existing program and do not meet these eligibility rules, please call us at 1-718-643-4050 to discuss other options that may work for you.
Ready to get started?
Call us at 1-718-643-4050 to enroll